Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Duel (1971) Dennis Weaver

When the headlights of a truck become the eyes of a psychopath.




A business commuter is pursued and terrorized by the malevolent driver of a massive tractor-trailer.

Director:

 Steven Spielberg

Writers:

 Richard Matheson 

Stars:

 Dennis WeaverJacqueline ScottEddie Firestone 

I saw this film on TV when it came out, and it had a negative impact on me, I was on acid. After watching this movie I never liked being tailgated, especially by a truck. What a bum trip man. Today I can watch this movie and not experience any flashbacks. Duel was written by Richard Matheson who wrote many Twilight Zone episodes, and this one has that Twilight Zone feel to it. The movie starts out with a nice tranquil drive, and gradually builds in tension. My best recollections of Dennis Weaver were as Chester on Gunsmoke. The part where he calls his wife makes him sound henpecked, and makes his character believable, because I can relate to henpecked. I liked Duel and will watch it again. ( Not recommended viewing on psychedelics)★★★★

Dennis Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment